Thursday, May 21, 2015

How Happiness Comes Slowly

How happiness comes slowly,
how it flies away quickly from us!
That is blessed who does not strive after it,
but finds it in oneself! In my sad youth
I was happy one minute, but then, alas! -
I suffered the fierce bitterness
from both fate and people as well!
Even if for an hour we are pleased
with the deception of hope!
That is blessed whose heart
heeds the voice of hope even in trouble!
But already runs away the dream
that sometime flattered soul;
hope was unfaithful to heart,
in sequence of that a sigh flyes after it!
I want to be often deluded
and to forget the disloyal one... but no!
Now I see the light of obnoxious truth
and ought to give up the dream!
I've lost all in the world,
was wilted the bloom of my youth:
love that was dreamt about as happiness,
only love alone was left in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment