There are both a night
and a silence given for life,
it’s rain or maybe snow,
anyway warmed with an infinite hope,
in the distance I see
a city which doesn’t exist…
Where a spellbound pilgrim
can easily find his shelter,
where for certain
he is remembered and waited for.
Day after day now losing,
now confusing my way I head for
the city which doesn’t exist…
There a hearth is lighted
for me as an eternal sign
of the forgotten truths.
So that to reach the city
I have to walk a step yet,
but the step perhaps is a span
as long as the rest of my life…
Who can tell what my destiny
has in store for me,
let I am not to know my fate,
maybe behind a threshold
of dissipated years I will find
that city which doesn’t exist…
and a silence given for life,
it’s rain or maybe snow,
anyway warmed with an infinite hope,
in the distance I see
a city which doesn’t exist…
Where a spellbound pilgrim
can easily find his shelter,
where for certain
he is remembered and waited for.
Day after day now losing,
now confusing my way I head for
the city which doesn’t exist…
There a hearth is lighted
for me as an eternal sign
of the forgotten truths.
So that to reach the city
I have to walk a step yet,
but the step perhaps is a span
as long as the rest of my life…
Who can tell what my destiny
has in store for me,
let I am not to know my fate,
maybe behind a threshold
of dissipated years I will find
that city which doesn’t exist…
No comments:
Post a Comment