Saturday, November 1, 2014

The Prophet


Being eager to quench my spiritual thirst I trudged in the gloomy desert as out of nowhere a six-winged seraph appeared suddenly before me at the crossroads. It touched my eyes with its fingers as light as a dream. There and then I have got my clairvoyance gift. After that it touched my ears, - and they were filled with some ringing and noise: in consequence I have heard both the shudder of sky and the angel's heavenly flight, and the underwater moves of the marine reptiles, and the vegetation's process of a vine of the dale. Then it rooted out my sinful wicked talkative tongue and with its bloodstained right hand put a sting of the wise snake into my speechless mouth. Thereupon it cut my chest with its sword, took out my quivering heart and replace it with a fire-brand. I lay like a corpse in the desert and the voice of God called to me: «O prophet, get up, both behold and hear, please execute my will without fail: go round lands and seas, exciting with your words the hearts of people».

No comments:

Post a Comment