Having seen its own image in the mirror a monkey gently nudged a bear:
“My dear fellow, just look at it! What there a revolting phyz! What grimaces and what ill manners! Even if I bore only a remote resemblance to it, I would hang myself out of melancholy. And would you please admit to me that among my friends there are five or six such poseurs. I’m afraid, I can easily recount them.”
– “Instead of reckoning your friends, you’d better turn your attention to yourself” said to it the bear. But its opinion went down the drain.
“My dear fellow, just look at it! What there a revolting phyz! What grimaces and what ill manners! Even if I bore only a remote resemblance to it, I would hang myself out of melancholy. And would you please admit to me that among my friends there are five or six such poseurs. I’m afraid, I can easily recount them.”
– “Instead of reckoning your friends, you’d better turn your attention to yourself” said to it the bear. But its opinion went down the drain.
No comments:
Post a Comment