Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A WOLF AND A LAMB

For a strong one the powerless are always guilty:
There are plenty of such examples in History,
But we do not write History at all;
And there how in fables they tell about it.

Once in the hot day longing for drinking a Lamb had come to some rill;
Unfortunately the hungry Wolf ran about those areas.
The Wolf had seen the Lamb, it hungered after prey;
But desiring to give the superficial legality to the case it shouted:
“How you dare, impudent fellow, with your dirty snout to stir up my drink with sand and silt ?
For such your insolence I will behead you”.
-“If you will, I beg to inform you that I drink down-stream a hundred steps from Your Grace and I cannot stir up your drink in any way”.
-“Am I a liar, in your opinion? Oh, you rascal!
Whoever heard of such a thing?
I remember that you insulted me here yet the summer before last: old bean, I have not forgotten it!”
-“You can’t be serious! I am not even one year old”, said the Lamb.
-“So it was your brother”.
-“I have no brother”.
-“Well, then it was your godfather or your matchmaker,
Say, somebody of your kith and kin.
You, your dogs and your shepherds, all of you wish harm to me
And if you can, you always do me a mischief:
But I will get even with you for their sins”.
-“Ah, what is my fault?”
-“Be silent! I have got tired to listen to your reasons,
I have no time, whippersnapper, to assort the faults of yours,
You are guilty because I am hungry”.
The Wolf had said and started to drag the Lamb towards the dense woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment